Here is what’s new at the Community Center the week of June 14:
- New open gym hours
- Thank you, summer camp volunteers
- Group ex reminders
- Pickleball class registration
New Open Gym Hours
New open gym hours are here! Open gym is now available every weekday afternoon to give more people the chance to come over and use the space.
- Mondays – 12:30 – 3pm (half gym), 7 – 8pm (full gym)
- Tuesdays – 2:30 – 6pm (half gym), 6 – 7:30pm (full gym)
- Wednesdays – 12:30 – 3pm (half gym)
- Thursdays – 12:30 – 6pm (half gym), 7 – 8pm (full gym)
- Fridays – 12:30 – 6pm (half gym), 6:30 – 8pm (full gym)
- Saturdays – 1 – 4pm (full gym)
- Sundays – 11:30am – 4pm (full gym)
Open gym reminders:
- Reservations are no longer required.
- Children ages 10-12 can use Open Gym unattended if their guardian (age 18+) is in the building (fitness center, track, cafe, etc). The guardian cannot leave the building but does not have to be in the gymnasium.
- Guest passes are available for $10.
Thank You, Camp Volunteers
The high school volunteers helping with summer camp are doing an amazing job! Between helping with crafts and playing games with campers, we can’t say enough how thankful we are to have them here. Plus, the campers have loved having older kids to look up to.
With 50+ campers a week (compared to 18 last year), volunteers are an important part of our summer camp. There are still some weeks in August that we need volunteer help. If you have a high schooler looking for work experience or volunteer hours, please contact Jason Fate at email@example.com or 412-828-8566. Their help is incredibly appreciated by us and the campers.
Group Ex Reminders
More people are coming back to the Center and our classes are getting busier. Below is a reminder of our policies to help ensure that everyone has a great experience at the Center:
Classes with a wait-list: If class attendees are not present at the start of the class, their reservation will be assigned to the next person on the waitlist who is onsite and prepared to participate.
Classes with (or without) a wait-list: Members not present by the end of the initial 5 minute warm up will not be permitted to enter class. This is for your safety and also to not disrupt class for other members.
Spin Instructors will not be asked to relinquish their bike to accommodate late arrivals.
- First no-show – member will receive a warning via phone call.
- Second no-show – member will not be able to access Mindbody for a week and not able to take any group exercise classes during that 1 week.
- Third no-show – member will not be able to access Mindbody for 2 weeks and will not be able to take any group exercise classes during that 2 weeks.
- What constitutes a no-show: Not showing up for class without notifying staff or cancelling in Mindbody OR cancellation within one-hour of the class.
Pickleball Class Registration
Outdoor pickleball classes start in July! Come hone your skills in a six week class with strategy, drills, and coached playtime. Separate classes are available for beginner, advanced beginner, and intermediate players. Classes will be posted soon, keep an eye on the registration page! Learn more. Questions? Contact Jason Fate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the Center continues to return to more normal operations, we want you to feel free to reach out to us with suggestions on how we could make your experience even better. From open gym policies to new pickleball times, we have been using member feedback to continue to improve our operations. We always look forward to hearing from you!