As you may be aware, the PA Secretary of Health has announced targeted efforts to control the spread of COVID-19, including strengthening the masking order. Masks are now required anytime you’re indoors with people not from your household, even if socially distant, including in fitness centers.
Effective immediately, masks are now required to be worn by all people the entire time they are inside the Lauri Ann West Community Center.
This includes wearing a mask at all times when using cardio equipment, participating in group ex classes, personal training, and in open gym and rentals. This new policy will be enforced in the Center at all times. Please know that this, and all of our safety protocols, are in place to protect you and our community. In order for us to safely remain open, we must all be diligent in following these rules.
In addition to this updated mask policy, we will continue to do the following to protect the health and safety of our members and staff:
- Social distancing is enforced inside the fitness center and in all group ex classes.
- The fitness center is cleaned throughout the day and is closed from 12:00-12:30pm on weekdays for sanitizing.
- 12:30-1:30pm, Monday-Friday, is recommended for seniors or compromised members.
- Members are required to wipe down any equipment they touch before and after use with the disinfectant wipes provided throughout our Center.
- All staff members undergo a daily health screening before beginning work and must stay home if they are experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19.
Please know that we are incredibly thankful for your membership and commitment to the Community Center. With your help and cooperation, I am confident that we will get through this difficult period together.