[av_two_third first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ row_boxshadow=” row_boxshadow_color=” row_boxshadow_width=’10’ link=” linktarget=” link_hover=” padding=’0px’ highlight=” highlight_size=” border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ column_boxshadow=” column_boxshadow_color=” column_boxshadow_width=’10’ background=’bg_color’ background_color=” background_gradient_color1=” background_gradient_color2=” background_gradient_direction=’vertical’ src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_breaking=” mobile_display=” av_uid=”]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-kgdrte4a’ admin_preview_bg=”]
Here is what’s happening at the Community Center the week of October 19:
- Open gym is back!
- Register now for new fall programs
- Pop-up Essentrics classes
- O’Hara Township food drive
We know that many of our members have missed coming to Open Gym, and we’ve missed having you. We listened to your feedback and are very excited to announce that we will be reopening our gymnasium for Open Gym starting this Friday, October 23.
- Fitness members must register in advance in order to attend an Open Gym slot.
- Registration must be made by calling our welcome desk at 412-828-8566. Registration will not be accepted via email and will not be on Mindbody.
- Registration will be available beginning when the Center opens the day of the slot you are reserving. For example, registration for Open Gym on Friday at 6:30pm begins when the Center opens at 6am on Friday.
- When calling to make your reservation, you can only register people on your membership. For example, if you are bringing three people for Open Gym, you must provide all three names, and all three must be members of your family on your membership.
Schedule (all slots are full gym):
- Fridays – 2:00 – 3:30pm and 6:30 – 8:00pm
- Saturdays – 11:45am – 1:15pm and 1:30 – 3:00pm
- Sundays – 11:45am – 1:15pm and 1:30 – 3:00pm
- Open Gym time is available for our fitness members. This is in order to limit the number of people in the gymnasium and ensure that the maximum amount of members are able to take advantage of the limited Open Gym times.
- Fitness members age 13+ may use the Open Gym unaccompanied. Fitness members ages 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Please register for only one time slot per day so that all of our fitness members will have an opportunity to enjoy the gym.
- Capacity will be limited to 20 people maximum per Open Gym time slot.
- Members must bring their own basketballs; the Center will not provide any equipment.
- Masks must be worn at all times when walking through the Center to and from the gymnasium. Masks may be removed when engaged in activity inside the gymnasium.
Limited spots remain for new classes starting October 27
Space in all of our fall classes is limited due to social distancing. Please register or join the wait list as soon as possible if you would like to participate!
- Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre on Tuesdays
- Pre-Ballet Grown Up & Me, ages 18 months – 3 years (virtual)
- Pre Ballet, ages 4-5
- Ballet Foundations, ages 6-9
- Beginning Ballet, ages 18+ (virtual)
- Flag Football Outdoors, ages 6-9 on Wednesdays *waitlist only
- Soccer Shots Premier, ages 5-8 on Tuesdays or Thursdays
- Soccer Shots Mini, ages 2-4 on Tuesdays or Thursdays
Mark your calendars for these special, one time pop-up Essentrics classes outside of our usual schedule:
- Tuesday, October 20 at 8:15am
- Friday, October 23 at 12pm
- Monday, November 16 at 8:15am
- Tuesday, November 17 at 9am
- Tuesday, November 24 at 8:15am
Join us for these classes in the Community Room with our new instructor, Carolyn Marshall. As always, these classes are for members only and registration is required in Mindbody starting two days before class.
O’Hara Township sponsoring touchless food drive this Sunday, October 25th from 12pm – 3pm in the municipal parking lot. Our local food bank has requested nonperishable items that may be used as side dishes for Thanksgiving. For example, vegetables, boxed stuffing, boxed potatoes, cranberry sauce or gravy. Everyone is asked to wear face coverings and appropriately social distance.
For those of you with little ghosts or goblins, treat bags will be available. Let’s all do what we can to help our neighbors in need this fall! Click here for more information.
There is true power in many people taking small actions to improve their community. We’re stronger because of your kindness and generosity. Thank you! As always, be safe, be well, and take care of each other.