- How do I sign my assumption of risk before coming to the Center?
To expedite the check-in process, all members are asked to electronically sign the assumption of risk before coming back to the Center. You will need to enter your last name and barcode number from your key tag to sign. If you need help finding your barcode number, please click here to email us.
- How did you make decisions about your safety protocols?
With guidance from local officials, the CDC, and Pennsylvania Department of Health, the Lauri Ann West Community Center developed an extensive health and safety plan. This plan covers mitigation strategies and how best to resume operations and safely serve members and program participants. All employees are required to follow the protocols set by this plan.
- Do I have to wear a mask? updated 5/14/2021
Following new guidance from the CDC and updated mandate from the state of PA, effective immediately:
- Fully vaccinated people ages 12+ (two weeks past full vaccine dosage) do not have to wear masks inside the Center.
- Those who are unvaccinated, or not yet fully vaccinated, must continue to wear a mask when inside the Center.
- Child care staff and children in summer camps/programs will continue to wear masks indoors. Masks can be removed once participating in outdoor activities.
- What are your hours?
Monday – Friday: 6:00am – 8:00pm
Saturday: 7:00am – 4:00pm
Sunday: 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Will I need to make a reservation?
No, reservations are no longer required and the fitness center and track will no longer shutdown from 12:00-12:30 p.m. These areas will continue to be sanitized on a regular schedule throughout the day and professionally cleaned each night. 12:30-1:30 p.m. is no longer reserved as senior hour.
- What if I have traveled outside of PA? updated 3/1/2021
As of March 1, 2021 the Order of the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health for Mitigation Relating To Travel is no longer in effect. Travelers should still practice appropriate public health measures to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Do I have to be a member or program participant to be in the Community Center? updated 6/1/21
Guest passes will be available for $10 for group ex, open gym, and the fitness center. Guests must stop at the welcome desk to sign the liability release the first time they come to the Center. There is a limit of three passes per guest. If guests decide to join, the guest pass fee will go towards the first month’s memberships.
- What if my membership is on hold?
Members with a hold on their account will need to give the Community Center permission to release the hold before they will be allowed access to the facility. Please call 412-828-8566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the hold release process.
- What are the rules regarding when members shouldn’t visit due to COVID?
Members are asked not to visit if they are currently experiencing two or more of these symptoms: cough, congestion/runny nose, chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, digestive problems, shortness of breath, fatigue, nausea/vomiting. Members are asked to follow all current CDC quarantine guidelines if they are awaiting test results or if they have been exposed to someone who has tested positive.
- How will you maintain social distancing and safety in the fitness center? updated 6/1/21
Capacity in the fitness center and open gym will no longer be limited to 20 people. Additional cardio equipment has been moved back into the fitness center. Some pieces will remain on the track and in the room across from the welcome desk for anyone who may be more comfortable in those areas.
- Do I need to bring my own workout equipment like a yoga mat?
Members will be required to bring their own equipment, including yoga mats. There will be no equipment sharing. Please limit what you bring with you to the Center to the absolute essentials. Locker use will be limited and members will not be permitted to leave personal items, including keys, at the welcome desk. We will not provide locks or headphones at the welcome desk.
- Can I use a locker?
Yes, all lockers are now available for use by our members.
- What safety protocols will I be required to follow while at the Community Center?
* Hand sanitizing stations and disinfectant wipes for equipment will be provided throughout the Center. We also encourage everyone to wash their hands frequently with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
* Members will be asked to wipe down any equipment they touch before and after use with the disinfectant wipes provided throughout our Center. Additionally, members may experience wait times to allow time for extra sanitation of equipment in the fitness center and in group ex rooms.
- What happens if I don’t want to follow these safety protocols?
Members and participants who fail to comply with new policies and procedures are putting others at risk. They may be asked to immediately leave the Center. Refusal to comply with these protocols, as stated in our Member Handbook, may result in membership and participation suspension and ultimately termination.
- What safety protocols are employees required to follow?
* Staff who have a fever or are not feeling well are told to stay at home.
* All staff will be required to practice proper social distancing while at work.
* Hand sanitizing stations and disinfectant wipes for equipment will be provided throughout the Center. We also encourage our employees to wash their hands frequently with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
* Cleaning is now a component of all Community Center job duties. All staff will be required to clean and disinfect surfaces often. There are no exceptions.
- What programs or services will not be available at the Community Center?
When we reopen, the Community Center is unable to offer the following programs and services due to new safety protocols:
* Childwatch will not be available at the current time and will be reassessed in July.
* Showers will be opening beginning April 12, 2021
* Water fountains will be for bottle filling only (vending machines will remain open and will be sanitized regularly)
* No youth in the fitness center or track under the age of 13. Youth under 13 are not allowed in the fitness center regardless of whether a parent or guardian is with them.
- How can I get updates about the reopening of the Center and programs?
Check our website often for updates and follow us on Facebook. We’ll also continue to send updates through email.