On behalf of our staff and Board of Directors, thank you for your loyalty and support throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. We are excited to announce that, based on Allegheny County’s anticipated transition to the Green Phase on June 5, the Lauri Ann West Community Center will reopen on Monday, June 8 at 8:00am. Monthly membership dues will not be drafted until July 1st, 2020.
Your health and safety remains our top priority as we welcome you back to the Center. During this shutdown time, our staff has been focused on investigating and implementing a broad range of safety measures and precautions to have the facility ready to reopen safely. A page with all the information about our reopening has been added to our website and will continue to be updated regularly.
In accordance with federal and state guidelines, we have implemented the following to ensure your safety:
Enhanced Sanitation Protocol
- Our entire facility underwent a deep cleaning while we were closed. All carpeting, floors, and tile have been professionally cleaned.
- A rigorous cleaning schedule has been established to ensure that all surfaces throughout the entire building are disinfected frequently and thoroughly throughout the day.
- Antibacterial agents will continue to be available for members throughout the facility.
Lobby/Entrance (Masks required)
- Doors are marked for entrance and exits only and will be propped open when possible to limit extra touch points.
- Members will continue to enter through the main lobby entrance door however we will now exit using doors next to the main locker area.
- Social distancing is marked on all the floors for member check-in.
- Temperature check and brief health screen of members before scanning in.
- Lining up in the lobby area will only be allowed no more than 10 minutes prior to appointment or class times while still maintaining 6 foot social distancing guidelines.
- Personal items, including keys, cannot be held at the welcome desk. Headphones and locks will not be given out.
Locker and Changing Area (Masks required)
- A limited number of lockers will be available for usage. This will allow for ease of proper cleaning between member visits.
- Showers will not be permitted at this time.
Fitness Center & Track (Mask highly recommended, but not required)
- The fitness center will be by reservation only. Members will need to reserve a workout time in the Mindbody scheduling app or on our website for a maximum of one hour.
- 20 individuals maximum will be allowed at one time.
- After each one-hour time slot the fitness center will be closed for 30 minutes to be sanitized.
- Members will only be able to sign up for either one group ex class or one hour of fitness center time each day. Group ex will begin on a limited basis in week #2 of opening.
- Fitness machines in operation will be more than six feet apart. Equipment not available will have signage and the equipment will be unplugged.
- Members must wipe machines before and after use.
- Cardio equipment will have a 30-minute maximum time duration.
- Track is closed for walking and running; however, some equipment has been moved to the track for usage.
- Senior hour will be 12:30-1:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. Seniors can visit the Center during regular hours if they choose, but members are encouraged to allow this special time for our active older adults.
Gymnasium (Mask highly recommended, but not required)
- No open gym at this time until we receive further guidance.
- This space will be utilized for organized group exercise and individual personal training.
Group Exercise (Mask highly recommended, but not required)
- Group exercise will begin to be phased in on a limited basis in week #2 of opening. The goal will be to phase in group exercise to manage proper flow of traffic.
- No equipment sharing will be permitted.
- Members will be required to bring their own mats.
- Classes will be held outside when possible.
- The gymnasium and community rooms will be utilized for group exercise to promote proper social distancing.
- Childwatch will not be available at the current time and will be reassessed in July.
- No large parties or events until we receive further guidance.
- Water fountains will be for bottle filling only.
- Vending machines will be available and sanitized on a regular schedule.
- We have and will continue to go paperless/touch-less as much as possible throughout the facility.
- Summerfest at Lauri Ann West camp will move forward with limited capacity for the 5-7 year old and 8-12 year old age groups.
- We will not be offering preschool camp this summer. Guidelines and safety protocols have limited our ability to safely run a camp for this age group.
- All specialty camps for June have been canceled. Registration for July and August remains open. Efforts will be made to reschedule canceled camps later in the summer.
What we ask of our members
- Stay home if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms outlined by the CDC.
- Sign the new assumption of risk for all members. To expedite the check-in process, please click here to sign the assumption of risk before coming back to the Center. You will need to enter your last name and barcode number from your key tag to sign. If you need help finding your barcode number, please click here to email us.
- Please sign up for an account in Mindbody if you do not already have one. Click here for instructions on how to set up an account. Please contact Sam McClelland with any questions or concerns.
- Bring your own mask to wear in the required areas of the lobby and locker/changing area. Masks are recommended, but not required, in the fitness center, track, gymnasium, and group ex rooms.
- Bring your own mat to class. There will be no equipment sharing.
Our hours upon reopening:
Monday – Friday 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Sunday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
We thank you for your continued support of the Center and appreciate your loyalty. Please know we are continuing to work through this ever-changing situation to keep our members and staff safe while still providing the best experience possible. We will continue to communicate information to you in the coming days to prepare you for our reopening.
Please continue to direct questions to our dedicated inbox – email@example.com
Board of Directors
Judy Hannon, President
Terry Dunlap, Vice President