Here is what’s new at the Community Center the week of April 12:
- Welcoming our community back to the Center
- Outdoor group ex starts today!
- Open Gym sessions added
- Register for spring programs
Welcome Back to the Center
This past year has been hard for our community, our members, and our Center. Maybe hardest of all has been that over 40% of our members have canceled due to the pandemic. Member dues make up a large portion of our annual budget, making this loss very difficult to sustain. It’s time to start rebuilding our membership to ensure that the Center can thrive for years to come.
We know we can do it, but we need your help!
- Refer your friends and neighbors to join the Community Center! When they join, just remind them to provide your name and we will thank you with a Yeti water bottle.
- Put one of our 18″x24″ signs in your yard. If you’d like one, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remind people that we offer scholarships for memberships, camps, and programs. No matter what, it’s important to us that everyone in our community has access to the Center.
Our goal is to welcome 75 new members to the Center
Before the pandemic we had an all time high of 975 member units. Our goal is to build back up to 650 by July 1. With your help, we know we can get there. Please refer your friends and tell your neighbors that they belong here!
Outdoor Group Ex
Join us for classes outside starting today!
We’re moving as much as possible to our patio so that members can feel comfortable taking classes at the Center. Please review the new schedule highlighting outdoor classes and important safety information below. View the updated group ex schedule.
- If the temperature is at least 50 degrees at the start of class then it will take place outside.
- In case of rain: early morning classes will be decided the evening before, all other classes will be decided 30 minutes prior to the start of class.
- Masks must remain on when moving around the building, arriving to and leaving class, or while setting up equipment/bikes.
- Per guidance from the CDC and the Allegheny County Health Department, once members are at their designated station or bike they may remove their mask for class.
- For indoor group ex classes, masks will continue to be required at all times.
- All bikes and stations will be clearly marked and spaced a minimum of 10 feet apart.
- Outdoor classes will have a maximum of 17 people for spin and 20 for all other classes to keep everyone safely spaced.
Open Gym Added
Starting today we are adding four more Open Gym slots! The new schedule is:
Monday 3-4pm and 7-8pm *new
Tuesday 3-4pm and 6-7:30pm
Thursday 2-4pm and 7-8pm *new
Friday 2-3:30pm and 6:30-8pm
Saturday 11:45am-1:15pm and 1:30-3pm
Sunday 11:45am-1:15pm and 1:30-3pm
Your kids can still get in on the fun! Limited spots are left in these programs starting the week of April 26:
Play to Be Fit Great exercise through fun agility games and challenges
Flag Football Scrimmages and fun drills for all abilities and fitness levels
Soccer Shots Games and drills to help kids learn a new soccer skill every week
We’re so excited to be offering more for our members! With all that’s returning at the Center, protocols remain in place to keep you safe. As we expand services, we’re still cleaning frequently, practicing social distancing, and requiring masks indoors. Thanks for doing your part to keep yourself and others healthy.
We want to hear from you!
Providing a safe, welcoming experience for our community is our top priority. Please reach out to us any time with comments, questions, or suggestions. Your feedback helps us improve!