Here is what’s new at the Community Center the week of August 30:
- Celebrate the Center week activities added
- September Group ex updates
- Welcome to our new Program Manager
- New Open Gym and Open Pickleball hours
- Gardening volunteers needed
* The Center will be closed on Monday, September 6 in observance of Labor Day *
Celebrate the Center Week Activities Added
Celebrating the Center is about more than just one night. So we’ve put together a whole week of activities to bring our community together. Stay tuned, as more will be added to the schedule as our first ever Celebrate the Center week get closer!
Sunday 9/12 – Speaker Series: History and Culture of the Seneca Nation, 7pm
Monday 9/13 – Health screenings by our personal trainers, 1-2pm and 5-6pm and free community circuit training class with Cassie, 9:30-10:15am. Guests welcome! Call 412-828-8566 to register.
Tuesday 9/14 – Food truck night with Haskel’s Delicatessen, 4-7pm. *NEW! Ace Mobile Ax Throwing, 4-7pm
Wednesday 9/14 – Evening open house for our after school program families. *NEW! Whiskey tasting on the patio with McLaughlin Distillery,
5:30-7:30pm *must be 21+
Thursday 9/16 – Food truck night with Mr. Bulgogi Korean BBQ, 4-7pm
Friday 9/17 Celebrate the Center curbside dinners to-go, 4-6pm and COVID vaccine clinic & blood pressure check by UPMC Health Plan
September Group Ex Updates
There is a lot new in September!
- Susan’s Pilates class will move to Mondays at 8am starting September 20.
- Kristi will now be teaching the Tuesday morning Spin class.
- Lin will be offering a new Youth Pound/Zumba class on Wednesdays at 6pm for ages 8-12! Call 412-828-8566 to register.
- Cassie will now be teaching the Wednesday morning Cardio Craze class.
- Cassie’s Thursday morning class will now be Total Body Strength at 6:15am.
- Special pop-up class: HardCORE with Cassie Friday 9/3 from 8-8:45am in the gym.
View the September group ex schedule
Welcome to Our New Program Manager
We are happy to announce Nicole Droppa as the Center’s new Program Manager. Nicole has worked in our after-school program for the past two years and was an excellent resource to our entire team. Nicole’s education includes a Bachelor’s in Elementary Education and a Master’s in Early Childhood Education from Carlow University. She also has 15 years of experience in teaching and programming. In addition to working at the Center, Nicole most recently worked as a Paraprofessional for North Allegheny School District. Click here to learn more about Nicole.
We’re excited to see Nicole apply her experience and education to help grow our offerings and impact many lives in our community. You can reach Nicole at email@example.com.
New Open Gym and Open Pickleball Hours
With fall approaching we have made the following adjustments to our Open Gym and Indoor Open Pickleball hours:
Open Gym (effective Aug. 30)
Friday, 2:30-4pm and 7-8pm
Open Pickleball (effective Sept. 7)
Gardening Volunteers Needed
It’s time to spruce up our gardens! We are looking for volunteers to help weed, mulch, and plant in advance of Celebrate the Center. Volunteers will be working on Monday 9/13 and Wednesday 9/15 from 11:30am-1:30pm. Please bring your gardening gloves and stop by if you’re able.
In addition, if any of our readers know a local landscaping or gardening company that would be willing to donate mulch, please let us know! If you have any questions, please contact Katie Vautrain at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!