Here is what’s new at the Community Center the week of May 31:
- June group ex updates
- Welcome back to the Center
- New capacity and mask policies
- A&E after school program registration
- Few spots remain for summer camp
June Group Ex Updates
There is a lot new this month! View the June group ex schedule
- Jill Mucci’s Essentrics class is back on Mondays and Fridays from 11:00am-12:00pm starting June 4.
- Dante will be teaching a new youth fitness class on Tuesdays from 1:00-1:45pm.
- SilverSneakers on Mondays and Fridays will be moved to 12:15-1:00pm.
- Ashley will be teaching the Wednesday 7:15pm spin class for the month of June.
- Alyssa’s yoga class will be on Tuesday evenings only. We will share an update on when Thursday evening yoga classes will return.
- Saturday morning youth spin will be put on hold for the summer.
June pop-up Essentrics classes:
Tuesday, June 1 at 8:30am with Jill
Saturday, June 12 at 9:15am with Charlie
Tuesday, June 15 at 8:30am with Carolyn
Saturday, June 26 at 9:15am with Charlie
Tuesday, June 29 at 8:30am with Carolyn
Welcome Back to the Center
We’ve continued to see the most traffic we’ve had in the Center since March, 2020. Every day we are welcoming either brand new members or people who haven’t been in since the pandemic began. It’s a wonderful feeling to be returning to a buzzing place for our community to gather.
Much of this is due to our dedicated members spreading the word with friends and neighbors. Thank you! Not only did you help get us through our hardest time but now you’re helping to build us back up again.
Our goal remains to add 75 new memberships to the Center by July 1. With your help, we know we can get there! We are currently waiving the $100 join fee for new members. If you know someone who might be interested in joining us, they can easily join on our website.
Capacity and Mask Update
With the state’s lifting of additional COVID mitigation efforts, we are making some changes effective Tuesday, June 1:
- Capacity in the fitness center and open gym will no longer be limited to 20 people.
- Guest passes will be available for $10 for group ex, open gym, and the fitness center. Guests must stop at the welcome desk to sign the liability release the first time they come to the Center. There is a limit of three passes per guest. If guests decide to join, the guest pass fee will go towards the first month’s memberships.
- Additional cardio equipment has been moved back into the fitness center. Some pieces will remain on the track and in the room across from the welcome desk for anyone who may be more comfortable in those areas.
Reminder on our updated mask policy:
Fully vaccinated people age 12+ (two weeks past full vaccine dosage) do not have to wear masks inside the Center. Those who are unvaccinated, or not yet fully vaccinated, must continue to wear a mask when inside the Center.
A&E After School Program Registration
2021-22 Arts & Enrichment After School Program registration is open!
Limited spots are available for new students. Please contact Jason Fate at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-828-8566 as soon as possible with any questions or to register.
About the Program
- Each day after school until 6pm, following the FCASD calendar.
- Two hour program for grades K-5.
- Busing provided from FCASD schools.
- Led by professional instructors and includes homework time, STEAM projects in our maker spaces, games in the gymnasium, and time outside on the playground.
- Learn more about the program.
- A $100 deposit is required to reserve a spot. This will be applied to the first full month’s fee in September and is non-refundable.
- Families must have an active fitness or program membership at the start of the Fall session.
- We are proud to offer scholarships to families based on financial need. Visit our website to learn more.
- Contact us with questions.
Few Spots Remain for Summer Camp
VERY few spots remain for our in-house summer camps. Register ASAP!
- 5-7 year old camp – wait list only for entire summer
- 8-12 year old camp – 2 spots remaining the week of June 28
- Preschool camp – 3 spots remaining the weeks of July 5 and August 16
Learn more and register.
Questions? Contact Jason Fate at email@example.com.
Scholarships are available! Click here to learn more.
When you come in to the Center you’ll see that we’ve been hard at work adding equipment and pulling things out of storage. It’s looking more and more like the place we all miss. If you haven’t been here for a while, we hope that you’ll come over to take a class, have lunch at the cafe, grab a workout, or meet up with friends on the patio. We’re excited to see you!
As always, please reach out any time with any questions, suggestions, or concerns. We want to hear from you!