Here is what’s new at the Community Center the week of May 10:
- Open Gym & fitness updates
- Summer programs start June 7
- Refer a friend to join the Center
- Cafe reopening for lunch May 11
- Summer camp wish list & volunteer opportunities
Open Gym & Fitness Updates
Open Gym changes effective immediately:
- Reservations are no longer required, though we will continue to limit to 20 people.
- Children ages 10-12 can use Open Gym unattended if their guardian (age 18+) is in the building (fitness center, track, cafe, etc). The guardian cannot leave the building but does not have to be in the gymnasium.
- Children ages 13+ can use Open Gym unattended.
- Click here for the Open Gym schedule.
- Beginning Tuesday, May 11 Alyssa’s yoga classes on Tuesday and Thursday evenings will be held in person at the Center. They will also continue to be available virtually.
Fitness Center equipment:
- We have rearranged equipment so that all four ellipticals are available at all times, along with two additional AMTs and treadmills.
- The track and room across from the welcome desk hold extra pieces in case of peak times.
- Members are still asked to limit their use of a cardio machine to 30 minutes when the fitness center is busy.
Summer Programs Start June 7
Classes start soon and space is limited!
With just a few more weeks of school left it’s time to start thinking about summer. We’re offering fun, six-week classes with the area’s best instructors to help keep kids active and busy. Some classes already have a waiting list, so be sure to register soon!
June 15 – July 20, outdoor field, kids ages 2-3 and 3-5
June 8 – July 13, outdoor court, beginner and intermediate players ages 6-12
June 8 – July 13, with Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, kids ages 3-9 and adults
Refer a Friend to Join the Community Center!
We’re rebuilding our membership to ensure that the Center can thrive for years to come!
We know we can do it, but we need your help. One of the best things you can do is refer your friends and neighbors to join the Community Center. When they join, just remind them to provide your name and we will thank you with a Yeti water bottle. Every new family that joins bring us one step closer to reaching our goal of 650 members by July! View membership options.
Cafe Now Open for Lunch
The Center’s cafe operated by Aspinwall Everyday Gourmet is now open for lunch Tuesday-Thursday! Seating is once again available in our cafe area and patio. Everyone is asked follow current safety guidelines by wearing a mask unless eating or drinking. Please stop down to the next time you’re at the Center or in the neighborhood to support this local small business!
This week’s lunch menu:
- Sausage & lentil soup and tomato bisque
- Egg salad or tuna salad over greens or in a wrap
- Grilled cheese with or without tomato and bacon
- Grilled chicken salad with vegetables
- Assorted cookies, brownies, snacks, and beverages
Summer Camp Help Needed
Summer campers need a lot of supplies! We’ve put together an Amazon wish list with some of our most needed items that you can help purchase. When you shop our wish list, the items will come directly to the Center and will go a long way in helping the kids have an amazing summer. Please send an email to let us know if you send any items so that we and the campers can share our thanks! View our wish list.
Earn those high school community service hours and gain childcare experience this summer! We’re still looking for a few more energetic and responsible volunteers to help with our day camps from June 7-August 16. Volunteers will work with children ages 3-12 and help with games and activities; lunchtime; check-in and checkout; and cleaning. Contact Jason Fate with any questions at email@example.com. Apply to volunteer.