Here is what’s new at the Community Center the week of May 17:
- Reminder of recent changes
- Looking for gardening volunteers
- Summer programs start June 8
- 2021-22 after school program registration
- AEG Cafe open for lunch and dinners to-go
What’s New at the Center
There is an energy in the air at the Center these days, and we have to say: we like it! Our programs are busy prepping activities for kids and getting ready for summer. Events are returning to our beautiful Community Room. People are stopping in to have lunch or coffee together. Add to all that, we’ve made a lot of changes recently to help make coming to the Center as easy, safe, and comfortable as possible:
- With the new guidance from the CDC and updated mandate from the state, fully vaccinated people ages 12+ (two weeks past full vaccine dosage) do not have to wear masks inside the Center. Those who are unvaccinated, or not yet fully vaccinated, must continue to wear a mask when inside the Center.
- More than half of our group ex classes are held outdoors as long as it’s above 50 degrees. View our group ex schedule.
- Reservations are no longer required for Open Gym.
Kids ages 10-12 can use Open Gym unattended if their guardian (age 18+) is in the building (fitness center, track, cafe, etc). Kids ages 13+ can use Open Gym unattended. View our Open Gym schedule.
- We rearranged fitness center equipment so that all four ellipticals are available at all times, along with two additional AMTs and treadmills. The track and room across from the welcome desk hold extra pieces in case of peak times.
- Our weekend hours have been extended to Saturdays from 7:00am – 4:00pm and Sundays from 9:00am – 4:00pm.
Looking for Gardening Volunteers
Your help is needed!
The Center received word last week that we are receiving a generous grant from The District Association to update and spruce up the gardens and flower beds on our grounds. We’re excited to get to work, but we could use some help!
Volunteers are needed to help weed, lay mulch, and plant flowers. If you would like to help, volunteers will be meeting at the Center on Friday May 21 at 10:30am and Saturday May 22 at 10:00am. If you have any questions about volunteering, please contact email@example.com. Many thanks to The District Association for helping to make this project possible!
New Programs Start Soon
Register now for classes starting June 8!
Our programs with the area’s best instructors will help keep your kids busy and active once school is out. Some programs already have a waiting list, so be sure to register soon! Learn more and register.
Ballet Classes, June 8 – July 13, kids ages 3-9 and adults
Tennis Lessons, June 8 – July 13, kids ages 6-12
Soccer Shots, June 15 – July 20, kids ages 2-5
Questions? Contact Jason Fate at firstname.lastname@example.org. Scholarships are available! Click here to learn more.
After School Program Registration
2021-22 After School Program Registration is Open!
Limited spots are available for new students. Please contact Jason Fate at email@example.com or 412-828-8566 as soon as possible with any questions or to register.
About the Program
- Daily after school until 6pm, following the FCASD calendar.
- Two hour program for Kindergarten-5th grade students.
- Busing provided from all FCASD schools.
- Led by professional instructors and includes homework time, projects in our Maker Studio, games in the gymnasium, and time outside on the playground.
- Families must make a $100 deposit to reserve their spot for next year by June 1. This deposit will be applied to the first full month’s fee in September and is non-refundable.
- Families must have an active Community Center Program Membership at the start of the Fall session.
- Visit our website to learn about scholarships for families based on financial need.
Cafe Open for Lunch Tuesday – Thursday
Stop by the Center’s cafe for lunch Tuesday-Thursday! Seating is once again available in our cafe area and patio for everyone to enjoy. Aspinwall Everyday Gourmet will also continue offering dinners to-go Tuesday-Thursday with a new menu each week posted on their Facebook page.
This week’s lunch menu:
- Lemon almond chicken salad, tuna salad, or egg salad available over greens or as a wrap
- Italian antipasti wrap
- Grilled cheese with tomato and cup of soup
- Italian wedding soup and minestrone
- Assorted drinks, snacks, and desserts
This week’s dinners to-go:
- Tuesday – Sausage salami stew over penne with antipasti salad and garlic bread
- Wednesday – Mexican stuffed peppers with salad and bread
- Thursday – Vegetable lasagna with salad and rolls
To order dinner, call or text 412-287-1353.
We are excited to be sharing with you all of these new things happening at the Center. Your support over the past year has helped get us to this point. Stay tuned for more information from us in the coming days on how continued changes to Pennsylvania’s COVID mitigation measures may affect our offerings. In the meantime, please reach out to use any time with thoughts, concerns, or ideas for the Center. We always welcome hearing from you!