Here is what’s new at the Community Center the week of April 26:
- New weekend hours start May 1
- Thank you, Girls on the Run volunteers!
- Workout of the week
- Support the Center through the Amazon app
New Weekend Hours
You asked, we listened! Starting May 1 we will stay open an additional hour on weekends.
Our new hours will be: Saturday: 7:00am – 4:00pm and Sunday: 9:00am – 4:00pm.
We made this change due to member feedback. Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have suggestions for things we could be doing better!
Thank you, Girls on the Run Volunteers!
Last week, Girls on the Run did a service project at the Center to clean up our flower beds around the patio. We were so thankful to have their help!
Getting our grounds back in great shape for spring has recently been a labor of love for many volunteers. Thank you to all who’ve pitched in! More weeding and planting will be happening throughout the spring. If you are interested in helping, please email Jamie at email@example.com.
Workout of the Week
Our intern, Geena, put together a quick full body circuit to get moving this week!
- 45 seconds on / 15 seconds off
- 3-5 rounds depending on how much time you have
- 2 lateral side steps into a jump squat (use a resistance band if you have one!)
- 2 shoulder taps (per side) into one push-up
- Speed skaters
- One sit up into one leg lift
- Jumping jacks
If you see Geena this week, please wish her well! Her last day as our intern will be April 30. As an exercise science major, Geena has a passion for health, wellness, and helping others achieve their fitness goals. She is very excited to keep learning and bettering herself in the world of health and physical activity. During her semester here, Geena taught the youth group ex class, many weekday cardio classes, and spent time at our welcome desk. Best of luck, Geena!
Support the Center using your Amazon App
You can now use AmazonSmile through the Amazon app!
If you’ve already designated the Center as your charity at smile.Amazon.com, thank you! Please be sure to designate us in the Amazon app now, too.
Simply follow the instructions below to select “Lauri Ann West Community Center” as your charity and activate AmazonSmile in the app. They’ll donate a portion of your eligible mobile app purchases to us.
How it works:
1. Open the Amazon app on your phone
2. Select the main menu (=) & tap on “AmazonSmile” within Programs & Features
3. Select “Lauri Ann West Community Center” as your charity
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate AmazonSmile in the mobile app